Cell therapy is a sub-type of Regenerative Medicine that treats a disease via introducing new cells into a tissue. Together with pharma, biological and medical devices, cell therapy today has become the fourth and most recent therapeutic pillar of global healthcare. Cell therapy has many potential forms, including Cell Replacement Therapy, Cell-based Gene Therapy, and the transplantation of stem cells or progenitor cells (autologous or allogeneic).
Adipose-derived Stem Cell Therapy
Here at ReLife, we apply adipose-derived stem cells to treat many complicated conditions. Adipose tissue is full of adipose stem cells, which have the ability to be easily cultivated in vitro and in a multiple differentiation capacity. It can effectively participate in the regenerative and repair procedures of both tissue and organs. Adipose stem cells are easy to be collected and cultivated into multiple stem cells with only a little adipose tissue, which can effectively reduce the injury to the patient. Due to its stable proliferation, low decay rate, abundant storage ability in the body, as well as it’s suitability for autologous transplantation, adipose stem cell therapy has been a hot research focus in stem cell area recently. There are two significant advantages of adipose stem cells:
- No rejection: the adipose stem cells applied from transplantation are derived from patient’s own adipose tissue via liposuction, which can avoid allorecognition so as to avoid infection, rejection, etc.
- Safe procedure: multiple stem cells will be cultivated with only a little adipose tissue, which can reduce the injury to the patient with only a minor wound.
Adipose tissue is an active endocrine and paracrine organ, which secretes various cytokines and biological factors. The regular secretion of adipose tissue regulates and controls the balance of energy in the body, and also plays a role in the inflammation procedure. Adipose is full of adipose stem cells as well as adipose tissue. Adipose stem cells have the ability to be easily cultivated in vitro and multiple differentiation capacity. With transplantation of both adipose tissue and adipose stem cells, the paracrine function of adipose tissue enables the adipose stem cells to function better. ReLife is dedicated to providing every patient the most effective and safe treatment approach. Here we apply adipose stem cell as the HGF carrier in our gene therapy, which combines stem cell therapy with gene therapy in order to attain best treatment results. By taking advantage of adipose stem cell tropism, HGF will be carried to the lesion region by adipose stem cells, enabling HGF to continuously and stably effect and improve the blood circulation, as well as improving the survival rate and efficiency of adipose stem cells, which makes the treatment effect much better than single application of stem cell therapy or gene therapy. It plays a key role in treating many complicated disorders that cannot be treated well with conventional methods, repairing the function of disease or dysfunctional tissue and organs, and improving the general condition of the patient. For more information about the treatment procedure and other detailed information, please refer to “Gene Therapy“.
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy
ReLife apply allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) derived from umbilical cord tissue in treating diabetes, cerebral palsy and spinal cord injury etc. MSCs have a great capacity for self-renewal while maintaining their multipotency. Numerous studies have demonstrated that human MSCs avoid allorecognition, interfere with dendritic cell and T-cell function, and generate a local immunosuppressive microenvironment by secreting cytokines.
The MSCs injected into her blood can locate into injured organ and repair it, by differentiating into relevant cells and support tissue; MSCs injected can repair and regulate the patient’s immune system.
1. Ryan, Jennifer M; Barry, Frank P; Murphy, J Mary; Mahon, Bernard P (2005). “Mesenchymal stem cells avoid allogeneic rejection”. Journal of Inflammation 2: 8.
With decades of devotion to the internal medicine field at a state-established hospital, Dr. Zhang specializes in clinical research of Infertility, Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes Mellitus, breast disease, hepatic disorders in the late stage, malignant tumors etc. With integration of the latest international treatment techniques and Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dr.Zhang has successfully treated many rare disorders. Dr.Zhang has participated in many important medical academic forums and received two awards for her excellent work, including one second-honor award and one third-honor award. Besides medical science recognition, her academic achievements also include her many published medical dissertations. Currently, Dr. Zhang is also a Guest Lecturer of “National Public Nutritionists Training” program as invited by Peking University.
Language: Mandarin, English
Department: Internal Medicine
Expertise: specializes in internal medicine, especially the diagnosis and treatment for Diabetes Mellitus, Rheumatoid and Immune Disorders, Respiratory Disorders, etc.
With nearly 20 years of experience in clinical expertise, our medical master Dr. Liu has devoted herself in a few renowned AAA general hospitals in China. The abundant clinical experience enables her skillfully deal with various conditions, such as general medicine, rheumatology and respiratory diseases. Dr. Liu has strong clinical and research ability and has successfully dealt with dozens of severe conditions, including acute diabetic complications, digitalis toxicity, acute heart failure, acute onset of asthma and allergic shock, etc.
Utilizing world-advanced gene therapy and cellular therapy (stem cell and cytokine-induced killer cell), as well as traditional Chinese medicine, Dr. Liu is dedicated to help patients get rid of the pain caused by the diseases with her abundant clinical experience and the state-of-the-art medical techniques in ReLife International Medical Center.
Language: Mandarin, English
Department: Gynecology, Reproductive Health Center
Expertise: specializes in reproductive research, infertility treatment and regulation of endocrinology system; 20 years’ clinical experiences in gynecology.
Education and Training
- Medical Master, Gynecology, Shanxi Medical University, Shanxi Province, China, 1998.02 – 1999.12
- Medical Bachelor, Clinical Medicine, Shanxi Medical University, Shanxi Province, China, 1988 – 1993
- Training on reproductive endocrinology and prenatal diagnosis, Gynecology Dept of Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China, 2013.04 – 2013.10
- Training on reproductive endocrinology and assisted reproductive technology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China, 2008.02; 2011.05
- Training on hysteroscopy technology, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Beijing, China, 2006.10 – 2007.01
She has worked as:
- Chief Gynecologist, Gynecology Dept, Victoria Reproductive Health Hospital, Beijing, China, 2008.11 – 2012.12. Major responsibilities: Diagnosis and treatment for infertility and minimally invasive technology
- Physician, Hysteroscopy Dept, Beijing Xinxing Hospital, Beijing, China, 2004.03 – 2008.11. Major responsibilities: Diagnosis and treatment for infertility via hysteroscopy
- Physician, Reproductive Medicine Dept, Provincial Reproductive Health Service Center, Shanxi, China, 1998.12 – 2004.03
- Gynecologist, Gynecology Dept, Taiyuan Commercial Worker’s Hospital, Shanxi, China, 1993.09 – 1998.12
Language: Mandarin, English
Department: Plastic Surgery
Expertise: specializes in breast cosmetic, facial cosmetic and other male as well as female cosmetic procedures.
Graduated in 1986, Dr. Naijun Yao has been participated in plastic surgery treatment for 27 years. He has ever been trained in Canada and Seoul, Korea on the plastic surgery. Followed the renowned plastic surgery specialists Professor Damei Wang and Professor Zhaoji Xia, Dr. Yao is skilled at various plastic surgery treatments, especially for facial plastic surgery, body plastic surgery and breast plastic surgery. He has performed over 20,000 cases of plastic surgery.
He has received:
- Certification of attending plastic surgery training program, 2010.12.04
- Certificate of Attendance, the Shimmian Rhinoplasty Course, Seoul, Korea, 2010.12.03
- Certificate of Completion, the BK DONGYANG Korea-China aesthetic surgery symposium, Seoul, Korea, 2010.12.01
- Certificate of Completion, the Regen Medical Group Korea-China aesthetic surgery symposium, Seoul, Korea, 2010.11.30
- Kangnam Samsung Plastic Surgery Certificate of Completion, 2010.11.29
Language: Mandarin, English
Department：Director of Gene & Cell Lab
Chief Scientist of ReLife International Medical Center
Researcher, Academy of Military Medical Science, Chinese People’s Liberation Army – PLA
Dr. Wu has focused on stem cell research, immunological cell research as well as clinical research for decades. He developed cell culture kits for cytokine-induced killer (CIK) cells, dendritic cells (DCs) and natural killer (NK) cells. He took charge of the Chinese national support 863 projects “Pre-clinical Study on Bio-therapy of Malignant Tumor with Human Wild-Type p-53, GM-CSF and B7-1 Genes Mediated by Recombinant Adenovirus Vector” (2001AA217041) and “Gene Therapy with Human Hepatocyte Growth Factor for Treating Ischemic Vascular Disease and Pathological Scar (2001AA217061, 2003AA216081). The “Recombinant Adenovirus – Hepatocyte Growth Factor Injectors” and “Recombinant Plasmid – Hepatocyte Growth Factor Injectors” he developed were respectively approved by China Food and Drug Administration with Type I new drug clinical approval of biological product in 2005 and 2007 (Approval No. 2005L01181, 2007L01482). The “Recombinant Adenovirus – Hepatocyte Growth Factor Injectors” received stage II drug clinical trial approval (Approval No. 2009L01499).
Enquire Us Now
Enquire Us Now
Click and fill in the form to find the individual treatment plan for your diabetes now!